From:
Ruth Scuderi LLLL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Dec 1998 18:38:40 EST
<< Has anyone heard that using the LA method is against the teachings of
 the Roman Catholic Church?  A hospital run by the RC church here in
 Ohio has banned the teaching of LA after a nurse? complained that birth
 control was being taught.   I had thought that this was a natural method
 of child spacing which would not be opposed by the RC church.  Does
 anyone have any references that I could use to show that the church
 does not oppose the LA method?  TIA

Nonsense.  The Roman Catholic Church approves natural family planning when
there are "grave" reasons for spacing a family.  See the following links for
more information:

Couple to Couple League : http://www.ccli.org
(In fact the founders, John and Sheila Kippley would be very interested, I'm
sure, in any Catholic hospital that would state that the sympto-thermal method
of birth control is against the Church's teaching.)

Sheila is the author of Breastfeeding and Natural Family Planning

see also:

http://listserv.american.edu/catholic/

These are general Catholic information links that include Couple to Couple
League as an approved Catholic link.

Ruth Scuderi
Westfield, MA