From:
"Zena K. Gresham" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Dec 1998 16:47:59 EST
In a message dated 12/7/98 9:02:13 PM Pacific Standard Time, Janice Berry
writes:

<< He asked me to send him an LLL catalog. I want to put together
 a nice package to send him. I also want to put together a package for the FP
 office he's currently with, as they fancy themselves very BF friendly
 despite the overwhelming quantities of Ross literature (which my less
 tactful husband simply moves en masse to the garbage).

Well, that's probably because the abm ones are free. So, my suggestion is to
tell him how to get free breastfeeding brochures.  Anyone can get these by the
hundreds from Motherware.  I get them for my WIC classes and I find them very
informative.  They have several different ones too.  They have: The guide to
Successful Nursing; Guide to Breastfeeding: The First Six Weeks; Guide to
Breastfeeding & Returning to Work; Guide to Nursing in Public; and Parenting
from the Heart, a newsletter type magazine that talks about the rewards of and
sometimes hard beginnings of breastfeeding.  I found these to be fun to read
for mom and they have the correct info. in them.  They also have packets to
help convince employers and business' alike to support moms that are
breastfeeding.

By supporting Motherware and other companies that offer help with
breastfeeding and uses their time and money to support it; we help to them to
continue to do their work. There by getting breastfeeding promotions out there
to more people.

I am thinking that once he is getting the freebies with *correct info* for his
clients that maybe you can then persuade him to do more with his own money.
Such as posters and such.

Good luck and let us know how you do.  If you need the 800 # for motherware or
their url, just email me privately.
No, I have no affiliation with Motherware. ;o)

Zena K. Gresham
WIC breastfeeding Peer Counselor, LC in training
SO. NV Breastfeeding Taskforce President
ICQ# 23200192 <[log in to unmask]>