From:
Mary Alice Tinari <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Nov 1998 23:27:45 -0500
Hello friends,

I know you will appreciate  this latest in the series of unbelievable
stunts played by ABM company reps.  On Friday,  I walked into the well
baby nursery and saw a poster directing nurses to put their names on the
tags that are attached to the "gift bags" so kindly provided by the
aforesaid company, (you know, the ones withe the cute little bunnies)
and drop them in the cutely decorated box.  The tags are then to be
drawn for a raffle of a gift certificate to "Victoria's Secret" (a
lingerie chain in the US) or to "Pier I" (a home decorating shop).
Well, I am normally a mild mannered soul and choose my battles wisely,
most of the time.  It could be that it was (a) Friday; (b) close to my
period; (c) a rainy day; or (d) the most totally outrageous, flagrant
abuse of the WHO Code I had seen in my hospital.  This huge
multinational company is rewarding nurses with a chance at a small gift
certificate in exchange for handing out their "free" bags.  I saw red!!

I spoke with our Nurse Manager who was also upset by this and is dealing
with our vendor policy and purchasing/marketing guidelines.  I, would
have ripped it off the wall, but she is more slow to react than I.  I am
hoping that it is gone by Monday, or it may just disappear...and we
won't tell who did it will we?  Shhhh.

Has anyone else seen this new twist on the usual giving of pens, pads,
candy, donuts, etc.??  Inquiring minds want to know.

Mary Alice Tinari, MSN, IBCLC
hospital based LC in suburban Phila, PA USA
mailto:[log in to unmask]