From:
Laura Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Nov 1998 11:22:50 EST
Linda,
You really made me LOL with that one!  At my hospital we have seen an increase
in epidurals over the last few years. Now the OB's who used to tell the mom's
that they didn't need epidurals are now wondering what's wrong with the mom's
who DON'T want an epidural. The nurse anesthetists are based in the L&D unit
24 hrs/day, 7 days a week. They stop in to see all laboring women & mark the
board with a "smiley face" for each woman who has received an epidural. That
makes me say ARRRGGGGGGG!!!!

Laura Hart, RN,BSN,CCE,IBCLC
Central Florida...near Disney World