Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Kate Hallberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Oct 1998 20:17:00 -0700
I think "the rules" depend on the blood bank.  Belle Bonfiel's in
Colorado okays it at 6 mos post-partum.  OTOH, I am a small person and
donating when my daughter was about a year old caused me to become
incapable of taking care of her.  I had to call a friend to come and
get her while I slept.  IME, a woman who is marginal about donating
normally should make certain she has an alternative caregiver
available if she does try to donate.  I won't donate as long as I have
small children in my care.

I signed up my cats and dog as donators though, but they've never been
called.  Usually the poor pets of the vets or a vet assistant get to
donate over and over again.

==

Kate Hallberg, mom to Ursula (11-23-94) and Sage (4-13-97)
Home page- http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~kolina
Temporarily in Palo Alto, California, where the weather is wonderful!

http://www.carnationbaby.com/ Nestle' says they abide by the WHO Code?!