From:
Karen Nelson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Nov 1998 01:44:59 +0000
Denise wrote:

>The babies have done well on it, despite the distaste experienced by >the staff feeding it to them.  It HAS to taste different...

But not to the *Baby*!  To him it tastes just like MOM! The whole
original point of that body of research is that each mother's breastmilk
is a rainbow of colors, flavors and smells that link her child to his
origins - biological, cultural, and social - in ways that we aren't even
close to understanding yet.  Dare I say we should be asking if this is
another of the missing puzzle pieces to the disintegration of the family
that is so widely talked about?

Feed the kid breastmilk now and raise his consciousness about smoking
later.

Karen Nelson, IBCLC
Central PA - and just old enough to remember when *everybody* smoked.
(And we could still find our own Moms in the middle of the night in a
house full of relatives at Thanksgiving!)  Blessings everyone!