From:
Alwyn Goodall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Oct 1998 06:06:35 -0700
I don't have my notes in front of me but I believe the herbalist who
talked with us said she used 500 mg. capsules of blessed thistle and had
the mother take two--three times a day at the same time as a cup of
fenugreek tea.  Dr. Low Dog mentioned that this herb was very bitter.  I
think this is why the other herbalist suggested using capsule form.

I had an interesting conversation with a mother who said that the
blessed thistle had increased her hind milk.  I seem to have lost her
phone number or I would call and find out what her dosage was.  She
stated a chiropractor friend of the family had recommended using blessed
thistle and that she had looked at a bottle pumped before using the
blessed thistle which had a very small amount of cream.  After using the
blessed thistle for a few days she said she pumped another bottle of
milk and after it sat in the refrigerator there was a very thick layer
of cream.  Anyone else ever hear this?
Judy Goodall, IBCLC  WIC educator