From:
Jeanne Mitchell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Sep 1998 18:11:07 -0500
This question has been posed to us at the Texas Department of Health.
I'm hoping someone in lactnet-land can help with this.  We have seen no
examples of a written breastfeeding policy for schools.

Last Wednesday, a school nurse from a very small community in
Groveton, TX called me and her school superintendent gave her a job of
developing a school policy on breastfeeding that would be in
compliance with TX HB 359.  At first I thought this would have a
negative slant, but after speaking with the nurse, I do not think so.
 They currently have 2 teenagers nursing at school, now.  I'm not
sure but maybe, the superintendent has breastfed!??

What I'm looking for is an example of a school policy on
breastfeeding.  Do any of ya'll know of a school in TX or anywhere in
the US that has such a thing?

Any written policies we may use as examples?
--
Jeanne Mitchell
Austin, TX