From:
Jon Ahrendsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Oct 1998 21:43:14 -0500
Dear Lactnetters,
Tonight (10/16/98) I had the radios on and listened to the Dr. Laura Schlessinger radio show. For those who don't know she is a radio talk show host that gives very blunt advice (and usually is pro motherhood and pro breastfeeding).  Well tonight she was off her rocker IMHO.

The caller was a mother of a one month old infant and the short version of her call is that the baby would not sleep in the crib, he would only sleep if she was next to him.  Dr. Laura's response was "Your not going to start that bad habit now are you?"  She in no way thought that any woman should give up her "marital bed" to be with a child.

I think she needs to hear from some of us that the "family bed" is a healthy concept and that is more the norm worldwide, then the typical American belief.  Unfortunately, she does not have an email address.  Her contact points are:
Dr. Laura Schlessinger
c/o Premiere Radio Networks
15260 Ventura Blvd. Suite 500
Sherman Oaks, CA  91403