Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 19 Oct 1998 09:00:33 +0000
Elaine asks, pertaining to volunteers, IBCLCS and other bf advocates:

"- just wondering
how we'll all fit together when (YES, when ;-)) the bf battle is over and ABM
is as common as baby aspirin (medicinal for adults but rarely given to
children)."

Well, I would be really delighted to be out of  my (volunteer) job!  But I
just don't see it happening - not being sour or cynical, just realistic.

She adds:

"I'm confident of victory on the bf front, but think the quest to
validate mothering is another story."

In the West, validation of mothering and bf is a package deal - you can't
have one without the other. So when the wonderful day dawns when ABM's like
aspirin (good analogy!) mothers will be valued and supported and liberated
*at the same time*.  But there will be plenty of  room for mother support
groups - that will be one of the signs mothers are valued. Oh, happy day...!

Heather Welford Neil
NCT bfc Newcastle upon Tyne UK