From:
Janet Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Sep 1998 16:05:14 -0700
Hey,
Has anyone seen the new ad for this doll?  It is called Baby Slurp and Burp,
and TOys R Us is running the ads  Disgusting piece of bottle feeding
promotion.  The doll "Slurps" a bottle, then burps or hiccups, and of course
the little girls "feeding" the baby are surprised by the burps, etc.

My 4 yr old son Ben said to me "They need to use orange juice in that
bottle, or give the baby a cup."  I asked "Why?"  he said "Because the milk
in that one is yucky.  Those girls need to give the baby mama milk."  I
asked "Where does mama milk come from, Ben?"  Ben says "From Daki!!" (Daki
is his word fro nursing/breasts, tho he is no longer nursing).

From the mouths of babes...I am glad that he remembers nursing and watches
his younger brother BF all the time.  At least he is well aware that babies
are designed to be fed from the breast, not the bottle.

Proud Mama,
Jay
Jay Simpson, CLE
Sacramento, CA
"No Miracles performed here, just a lot of love and hard work."