Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 30 Sep 1998 13:38:44 -0500
7bit
From:
Mary Kay Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Of course the mom's milk "dried out" when she was 7 months pregnant. the
milk reverts back to colostrum, getting ready for the newborn. If she
was pumping at 7th month of pregnancy, she is lucky she didn't go into
preterm labor. My toddler weaned when I was about 5-6 months along
"because the milky didn't come out fast any more and tasted yucky"
(amanda's words). She also developed loose stools and didn't like that.
I recently worked with a mom who had an IUFD (intrauterine fetal death)
at 20 weeks but was nursing a 10 month old. The resident who ordered a
breast pump for her (because she was still nursing) got a physiology
lesson from me. Mom then said, "oh that's why he is having loose stools
and pulls away from the breast." I told her that all she needed to do
was go home and nurse her toddler and her milk would come back.
Mary Kay Smith, CLE, IBCLC
Romeoville, IL (SW of Chicago)