From:
Lisa Marasco IBCLC <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Sep 1998 00:03:38 -0700
>>Saw a mother yesterday who had been using the Pl**tex
disposable 'bottle' for giving ebm. She says that the instructions
with it say to boil the latex teat the first time it is used, then only
clean with hot soapy water after that - not to boil or use a sterilising
solution.<<

Fiona, never mind the sterilizing issues--- if these are the standards P***
nipples, they are horrible for any breastfed baby, IMNSHO. Have you seen
one?

I don't see why they can't be treated like any other teat; I'd keep to your
normal protocol. (I do this all the time--- boil all my pump parts for 20
min, though the less expensive brands say only 5 min, etc)

-Lisa Marasco, BA, IBCLC