From:
Lyla Wolfenstein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Jul 1998 19:15:44 -0700
I have a mom who has been advised to pump and dump whiletaking these two
creams topically for scabies.  The Sluocinonide is (according to the mom) a
.05% cortizone cream, applied 3X daily on rash (for comfort, i believe).

The Elimite is one application taken tuesday, and another next week, i
believe.

I cannot find anything on the Sluocinonide specifically.  I have the
information on Elmite from Hale (via our LLL PL), but any more infor on
that would be greatly appreciated - as in, how soon is it gone from the
mother's system?  Could the baby nurse now, after having had an application
on tuesday - assuming that it IS contraindicated for breastfeeding, or that
hte mother chooses to believe it is .. . .

If hte Sluocinonide is contraindicated, is there an alternative?  My
understanding is that cortizone creams are not generally a problem.  I know
that inhaled corticosteroids aren't usually a problem, and are much higher
potency/direct transfer to blood, etc.

ANy help or info greatly appreciated!!  Mom is pumping and feeding formula,
but not happy about it.    Thanks!

Lyla W.
La Leche League Leader - Oakland/Berkeley