From:
Ellen McIntyre <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Jul 1998 19:52:05 +0930
Dear All
A few days ago I sent you a media release on breastfeeding in public. In
this release it stated that

The survey -- of more than 3400 people in Adelaide's northern suburbs
--shows
that 83% of the community believes breastfeeding is not acceptable in
public.

It should have read that  83% of the community believes bottle feeding is
more acceptable in public.

I agree that this is not the same and wish to apologise for this error.
Fortunately I was able to make this change before the media release was
sent out to the media (print, radio and TV). There has been considerable
interest in the topic resulting in several radio interviews (5UV, 5AA, ABC
radio news, AAP) and probably articles in the print media tomorrow.

I am really sorry for causing you distress by mis-stating my results in
such a negative manner. I do still believe the situation is of concern but
also feel we can do much to improve it as was suggested in the media
release.

My apologies again
Ellen McIntyre, South Australia