From:
Cindy Neary <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jun 1998 23:46:21 EDT
Dear Pamela,

     In your post you didn't define how much weight loss this mom has had over
what period of time.  Nor whether she has any other symptoms of the
hypoglycemia other than weight loss (such as dizziness, fainting, headache,
episodes of diaphoresis etc.) Do you know if she has been examined or worked
up for cancer, TB, AIDS, hyperthyroidism, drug abuse.  I am sorry to present
such a grim outlook but as a health care provider. Rapid unexplained weight
loss rings some very bad bells for me.
      On the other hand, unless one of our physicians differs, I'd say low
blood sugars without accompanying symptoms really does not mean alot and
really isn't a reason to wean.  All of our laboratory normals are based on the
bell curve but there are always a few people whose personal normal is at the
thin edge of the curve.  That doesn't necessarily mean they are sick.

Cindy Neary  RN