From:
Gary and Vickie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Jul 1998 01:34:07 -0400
I also recommend having this solution at the
changing area for rinsing baby's diaper area after each change.  Do I have
to say that it is a different bowl of solution?  The cotton ball that is
used for swabbing is not but back into the solution.
*****I have been faithfully following Pat's suggestions (thanks Pat!) and
trying to get over a case of ductal yeast myself that we got as a result of the
antibiotics that we got during birth (Meg is almost 6 weeks old and we are
still fighting this thing).  Anyway, for the diaper area, each morning I fill a
few squeese bottles with the vinegar solution, I then have them at strategic
locations throughout the house, (with the diapers, by each sink etc.) and can
use them right from the bottle instead of having to worry about contaminating a
bowl or spilling or whatever.  I do use a different bottle for my breasts than
I do for diapering, but that is more because of the location than planning.  I
have one that is red and that one is kept for diapering.
For travel, I have a bottle that has a spray type nozzle, I set it to give a
stream instead of a mist and it seems to work quite well (the squeese bottles
leaked too much and the diaper bag smelled like vinegar).
Instead of diaper wipes, I ordered a large package of 4x4s from my pharmacy,
they balked a little about ordering it at first until I told them that I was
not really interested in them being sterile, that I was going to use them for
diaper wipes, and they finally ordered them for me.  These are what the
hospital uses and they work great.  They weren't too expensive either, but they
were not the individually wrapped ones, they all came in one large bag jammed
in there together.  Just don't get the sponges, they aren't very soft.  These
also work great for homemade hemorrhoid wipes as well.

Vickie