From:
leibovich Haim <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 May 1998 21:22:57 +0300
Today I was asked by a mother of an 8 mnth old bf girl about the use of eye
drops for glaucoma. She has severe glaucoma in one eye - post trauma (long
ago), and she is already using other drops, but they are not enough. The
new drops are "TRUSOPT" = Drozolamide hcl 2%.

 On the package insert it says "If you are breastfeeding - your doctor
should consider wether you should discontinue nursing or refrain from using
the drug".

She would refrain from using the drug, but I wonder if this is necessary -
how much could be absorbed from a drop in one eye twice daily, how much
would get into the milk, and how much would the baby absorb? Thats what I
told her, but would also like to hear if any of you know anything else.

Thanks,

Mira Leibovich, MD