From:
Justin DSC Kaeser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Jul 1998 17:50:14 +0200
Hi Lactnetters,

Almost a month ago i requested help from you about a mother whose
daughter had sulfur smelling stools.  I want to let you know that all
is going well now and write up a little report.  Help from one
Lactnetter was esp. helpful.  She suggested that the mother was
overmanaging and the baby may not be getting the proper fore-hind milk
balance.  I discussed this with the mother, who was been under a lot
of stress since the birth of this child 4 months ago (other child ill,
building and moving).  The mother really never was conscious of this
stress.  I suspect the mother also has high expectations of herself,
wanting to be a perfect mother (this clue came from her midwife,
yesterday).    The mother returned to her naturopath and after
discussing the situation, they agreed to help calm the mother using
St. John's Wort, Melisse and Color therapy (rays of blue).  Soon there
was improvement - baby slept better, cramped less, and no longer has
sulfur smelling stools.  I had also relayed the other Lactnetter's
suggestion:  BF one side for over an hour, letting her suck ad lib,
before going to the other side.  The baby is also stooling more.

So - I thank you all for your interest and helpful suggestions!

All best, Anne Kaeser, BA, IBCLC
Germany (off mail)

——————         ίeTe Co. Coordinator ——————
———  mailto:[log in to unmask] ——————