From:
Patricia Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 May 1998 07:34:26 -0400
What a dilemma.  Personally, I would tell them
1. I can not accept any funds from formula co-restricted or unrestricted.
2. I'm currently tapped out as a volunteer.
3. I need to charge a modest fee to cover my time and expenses.
4. They could budget for this for next year (most hosp run July to July
budgets).
5. I'll regroup my energy and work out a plan of action and we'll do  it
next year when funds are available from the hospital, not     the formula
co.
OR
You can continue to volunteer, let them take advantage of you, use you,
drain you, hope it will  help your business OR hold to #1.
This is a philosophical problem. You're dammed if you do and dammed if you
don't.  I know I'd worry if I didn't do it they'd do it on their own and
screw it up.  But think about it - so what, they've been screwing it up for
years! and we on the outside keep helping moms cope.  And maybe, just maybe
they'll stumble on the right info to  give moms.  Not doing it personally
doesn't mean you can't supply them with good references!  Sincerely, Pat in
SNJ