From:
Sarah Barnett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Apr 1998 17:12:56 -0400
On Mon, 27 Apr 1998, newman wrote:

> If the baby takes the breast and supplementation is
> *necessary*, then it should be given at the breast with the tube
> (supplemental nursing system).

I agree but that is a big IF.  What is best when the baby will not take
the breast?  I have had several such consultations recently, one just
yesterday.  In general, any mention of cup feeding seems to make the parents
very uneasy. They say that they want the baby on the breast but will only
give bottles and pump.  It is very hard to convince people to try alternate
feeding methods.

Sarah

Sarah Friend Barnett   LLLL, IBCLC
Bronx (New York City), NY  -  [log in to unmask]
" You are not obliged to finish the task,
 neither are you free to neglect it."       R. Tarfon