Date:
Wed, 4 Jul 1990 00:15:06 -0400
Hello everyone,

I got a call from the big medical group here ( the first time) and am
trying to find the answer to a question for them.  The patient is concerned
because her workplace, a restaurant, is undegoing renovations including
asbestos removal.  She wants to know if there is any concern for her baby's
health.  Common sense would assume that if the restaurant is being allowed
to stay open during the renovations that the health hazard would be small
and the risk of any chemicals in her milk would be very small.  Does anyone
know specifically about asbestos exposure during lactation?

TIA,

Lori Werrell, BA, IBCLC
Leonardtown MD 20650
The outpatient lactation program I proposed for the local hospital starts
on Monday, wish me luck!!