Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Gloria Buoncristiano-Thai <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Apr 1998 15:25:33 -1000
I want to thank those again who responded to my queries last month.
Updates aren't very encouraging unfortunately.

First,   Mom who was hospitalized with otitis media was finally given
"permission" to fly home and "immediately report" to the doctor upon
arrival!  She was still pumping and dumping.  UGH!

The mom with baby who hadn't gained in two months switched to abm.  I
referred her to the nurse at the military hospital who is working with
breastfeeding moms.  Mom was taken off fenugreek and blessed thistle and
put on reglan.  Hospital staff are not comfortable with herbs.  Reglan
took awhile to increase supply.  After mom was taken off reglan, her
supply dropped.  That is that!  Clinic could do no more---don't know what
problem is.  I talked with mom, she just wants to go with abm now and
comfort nurse.  I praised her for her efforts and how great baby was able
to get breastmilk for about 4 months.

I am irritated at the course of action taken by the clinic, but it's as I
would expect.  I am always hesitant in referring moms there, but when
they need more help then I can give, not much choice.

Thanks.

Aloha,
Gloria Thai LLLLeader Hawai'i

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]