From:
LACRESCTR <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 May 1998 11:21:12 EDT
I wanted to share our experience the use of hydrogel dressings (Clearsite) for
sore nipples.  After reading the article in JHL,  we used the dsg technique in
8 clients with a range of nipple damage including yeast. They all complied
with the instructions for use. Unfortunately, the results were not impressive.
Initially, the cool feeling of the dsg. was nice but after that all the
client's opinions were that they felt it did not help at all.  I know this is
a small sample group.

When I worked in home care, we used these dsgs frequently yet they stayed on
the client's skin undisturbed for about a week so granualtion could occur.
I'm not quite sure what to think. Needless to say, we were a bit disappointed
and have stopped using them at this time.

Maria Parlapiano RN, IBCLC
the Lactation Resource Center, inc. in Chatham NJ