From:
PQProducts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Apr 1998 18:10:06 EDT
Subj:   Intro and  2 questions
From:   PQProducts
To:     [log in to unmask]

Hi
I am Karen Querna, I currently am a lactation consultant in Spokane, WA.  I
have been "lurker" for about 2 years.  It first started when the hospital
where I am employed as a LC, graciously subscribed and sent me daily copies of
Lactnet discussions.  Red lights have been the best place to read the posts!
You see Spokane has no north/south freeway, so there are many lights before I
get home.  My colleagues and myself look forward to the Lactnet Information
and at times who gets to read the posts first has been and issue. (is there a
support group for lurkers?) Lately I have lurked on my own account.

Here is my problem, as a mother of 4 children in school it is science fair
time, I have been trying to search the archives for breastmilk science
experiments with no success, and I know from my lurker days these discussions
have occurred (the download stops at 39%) my 13 yr. old son says its a problem
with the server!!

One of my collegues is working with a premie mother who has "psariasform
dermatitis or hyperkeratosis" on her areola's, pumping is painful, and she is
discouraged.  Has anyone out there worked with this condition. Thoughts and or
suggestions would be welcome.

Please feel free to e:mail me privately, I look forward to entering into
discussions from home when the computer is not occupied by my 13 yr. old on
line star trekky

Thank you
Karen Querna