Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Diane Wiessinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Apr 1998 08:05:37 -0500
I have on occasion refered to "Best Feeding, Getting Breastfeeding Right for
You" for help w/ spanish terms...In the back of the book are story pages with
good line drawings and descriptions in Spanish and English. Very helpful.

Some of us have been bothered by the negative outcomes of several of the
stories at the end of "Bestfeeding" (my favorite book anyway, and one I
loan out to lots of clients).

But I had a client a few months ago w/ a non-latching baby.  Once her baby
was nursing well, a week or so later, she told me that she found those
stories the most helpful of any she read.  "Most of the stories about women
with breastfeeding problems have these wonderful outcomes, and you feel as
if, if breastfeeding doesn't work out for you, you're even more of a
failure.  But these stories let me know that if it didn't work out, my baby
and I could still have a good relationship.  I appreciated these stories
more than any of the others."  Her baby, by the way, is several months old
now and a gorgeous thriving nursling.

Diane Wiessinger, MS, IBCLC, LLLL  Ithaca, NY