From:
TomMcClory <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Apr 1998 12:58:09 EDT
Dr. Newman wrote:

<< What exactly is so terrible about explosive mucousy stools? >>

Sorry that I am so far behind.  I have a dog in which this condition not only
was a result of allergies, but a sign of infection.  After antibiotic
treatment, the stools, which were also foul smelling (worse than normal)
improved to "normal".  Is this true of humans, too, that a foul, mucousy,
diarrheaic stool is a symptom of infection?  Perhaps this is part of the
concern?

I totally agree that stopping breastfeeding isn,t a good solution, but perhaps
the symptom indicates a problem needing to be addressed, not tolerated?

WarmLLLy, Ann Davis, LLLL, Dayton, Ohio USA