Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 2 Jun 1998 07:15:23 -0400
7bit
From:
Patricia Young <[log in to unmask]>
Comments:
Sounds like a problem  to me.  See neurologist.  Or do you have any of
these cranial-sacral therapist I hear about on Lactnet? Chiropractor?  A
baby does eventually lose the rooting reflex, but not so young and not
refusing to actually eat.  Babies have a strong instinct for self
preservation and eating is ALL.  I would also try different positions.  His
position might affect it.  When vacuum extracted babies act like they have
a head ache and won't feed in early days, it sometimes helps to lay them on
bed and not touch their heads, just let them lie there and latch on.  But
even if another position works, baby still probably needs to be evaluated
re: damage from stroke.  It is better to work on these problems sooner than
later.  Sincerely, Pat in SNJ