From:
Pat Bull <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Mar 1998 18:34:12 -0500
Message text written by "L-Soft list server at UMASS Medical Center Library
(1.8c)"
>Message text written by Lactation Information and Discussion
>Have been asked about a mom of a five month old taking Cylert
(pemoline) for ADD/ ADHD.  Dr. Tom's book says no data available on the
transfer to human milk but it is likely. <

Karen,  I know my daughter was taken off Cylert for her ADD, after a few
yrs because she would be taking it for many years to follow and the Drs.
were concerned with the liver damage that can be associated with it. =

Ritalin works just as well, but less convenient because you have to take =
it
throughout the day instead of one  in the morning as she did with Cylert.=

Pat Bull, RN, IBCLC
The Breastfeeding Connection/Medela
Naperville, IL
<