Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 22 Apr 1998 08:28:51 -0400
7bit
From:
Daniel Ward <[log in to unmask]>
Comments:
cc: Kathleen Bruce <[log in to unmask]>
Hi All & Kathleen,
   In answer to your question, specifically LactNet adds to the
reference base and 'general' knowledge that I have about breastfeeding.
This forum has shown me situations and problems, I have not encountered
(and may never encounter), which has made me realize how little I knew
about breastfeeding (I guess I needed to be humbled, a bit). I now know
that when a particularly unusual sitaution crosses my path, the first
thought is 'check the archives' to see what has been posted about the
situation. Also with so many people from varied backgrounds, there are
so many different ideas and suggestions presented that I am able to
offer more than just one set answer (which gives the mom the opportunity
to choose what she is comfortable with).
   Perhaps, for me, the most important aspect of LactNet is the support
I get with each and every digest. I work in a situation which is
constantly changing (Army hospital).  I have to deal, at times, with
people who are unsupportive. It gets frustrating and aggravating to work
with mothers and then have to try to educate staff or 'defend' my
suggestions. I know that I can read my LactNet and find 2000 people who
support my position. The humor and ability to vent, help me to be able
to continue, when at times I feel, the situation is hopeless.

Leslie Ward
Vine Grove, KY