From:
Becky Krumwiede <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Apr 1998 21:13:34 -0400
I don't think this question has been raised.  The hydrogel dressings have
been so helpful for our moms we've used them quite a bit.  However, what to
do when the nipple damage may be associated with yeast?  It's been my guess
that one shouldn't use hydrogel dressings if yeast is suspected, since
they're only changed every day or so, and I'm guessing that the yeast would
be harbored in the dressing.  The cost of changing the dressing after every
nursing would be prohitive.  What do you all think?

Becky Krumwiede, RN, IBCLC, Appleton, Wisconsin