Date:
Wed, 13 May 1998 17:46:52 +0000
I agree with with the gi guy who says what's the worry.  But if there
is no worry, then why switch from breastfeeding?  I think that this
type of symptomatology can be a manifestation of rapid gi transit
time, with irritation occurring with the rapid transit (side issue--I
get very irritated with the rapid transit system here in Toronto).
The approach is to get the baby getting more high fat milk (longer
*feeding* on the one side, with compression to keep the flow up).  I
have had at least 3 babies get cured completely with just that
approach.  If that doesn't work, another way to slow gi transit time
is to start solids.  Not the ideal, but better than stopping
breastfeeding.

Check the handouts (colic in the breastfed baby, breast compression)
at the url:

http://www.erols.com/cindyrn/drjack0.htm

or

http://www.bflrc.com/jn_arts.htm