Date:
Mon, 27 Apr 1998 21:54:26 +0000
Gee whiz, I can't believe this drug is still being prescribed.  It is
no longer available in Canada, though I think it used to be.  It is
not particularly good for what it's supposed to do, because, as I
remember (perhaps wrongly), that it leaves one hell of a hangover, but
mainly it was being abused as a downer.

Anyhow, the amount of any drug in the milk is usually very small.
There is no reason to suspect that this drug would be worse.  Why not
measure the amount in the mother's milk and thus get a paper out of
it?  But the mother should be allowed to provide her milk, unless
someone can prove it's dangerous.  If so, why not use one of the other
10,000,000,000 sedatives which is *not* of concern.

Jack Newman, MD, FRCPC