Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 24 Mar 1998 20:04:24 +0100
Dear lactnetters

I have BF my two older children only a few weeks : I did very
conscientiously all the doctors told me, guess what it was :-( .... For the
two others (LLL babies...), BF lasted very VERY much more longer.

The first of these two did not want to eat anything other than mother milk
until 9 1/2 months old ... and overnight he accepted full plates of food.
The second wanted anything other than my milk until ... 13 months old. When
I tried to give her something (half a tea spoon of banana or leck soup, the
only things she accepted to taste), she had diarrhoea and hives in the two
hours. When she began to "eat", she had still troubles very easily during
some years (10 years now and eat - almost - everything without problem).

They were always in perfect health, good growth, no deficiency, no
illness...

I helped during months a mother whose little boy has severe allergy to a lot
of foods. Almost entirely BF at 20 months old, dit not accept to taste the
only some foods he could eat without problems ... and with  an important
iron deficiency. Very hard for the mother to hear the doctor say she has to
wean immediately and to starve the child for oblige him to eat (she did not
want). It takes about 6 months to get this little boy to eat and to cure the
iron defienciency. Difficult to manage when there are LOTS of allergies...

Kindly
Francois Railhet
LLL France Medical Associates Program