From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 13 Apr 1998 09:57:35 -0600
> I've been rather disappointed about the lack of conversation concerning
> comb honey on this listserv so thought it was time to post.  It's now
> showtime & I would appreciate opinions, advice etc. (Maybe
> encouragement)?

Okay, I'm encouraging you.  Go for it.  I did and made buckets of
money over the 15 or so years I produced it.  However, the topic *has* been
fairly well covered here.

As always, the advice to newbies on any group is to read the FAQ.  For your
own good.  So you can participate meaningfully in discussions.  Our FAQ is
our logs, available from the LISTSERV via email or via a web search
interface. (See sig below).  You get all the info -- right, semi-right and
just plain wrong -- that has been posted over the years (along with
multiple quotes of previous posts from those who can't or won't even figure
out how to use an email program  You can guess from that what their advice
is worth).

A simple search for "comb honey" or "Ross Rounds" will bring back a lot of
reading.  The site http://'www.RossRounds.com' has quite a bit of info too.
 After you have read all that you will be prepared to ask questions that
will get some pretty intelligent response -- if you have any questions left
and I'm sure you will. You will also have been warned off about most of the
obvious mistakes that are merrily recommended in various comb honey books.

Don't misunderstand me; the topic of Ross Rounds could definitely stand
*much* more coverage here, since there are many matters that have been
missed, glossed over, or which could stand a little controversy.   However,
since the archives are our FAQ, as well as the transcription of our
discussion since the Creation sometime back in the mists od Internet
antiquity, the only in depth discussion you are likely to get from the
experts -- and there are *real* Ross Rounds experts hanging about here --
will come if you read the archives and address your questions to matters
that are not covered there or which are ambiguous there, or subject to
debate.

Very seldom will anyone who's time is worth anything bother to re-type what
has already been covered in reply to a newbie question unless that newbie
hits on a real core question by luck or good design.  Vague, general
questions get dead silence from those who know and a trickle of bad guesses
from those who don't.

So if you want the real answers read the FAQ first.  I hope you take this
in the spirit it is intended, do some digging, and come back with some good
questions.

Bonne chance.

Allen