From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 13 Apr 1998 09:25:38 -0600
> Is this site suitable?  The yew is great shade in the summer and good for
> protecting from the winter winds but the hive is obviously taking off
> much slower than the other two this spring.

I doubt you will get as good a response from the readers as have already
accumulated in the archives over the years on this very topic.  Search
for 'shade'.  I know the answer and the various arguements about the
subject are there, but since it is an important and perrenial question, I
will try to recap as best I can;

You are fairly far north, so shade is not likely a good idea at all,
especially at this time of year..  The longer the hives are in the sun
every day, the better they will do and the nicer they will be to work and
be around.

If you were somewhere else, like the south, the answer would be very
different.

Allen (who just got a foot af wet snow.).

---
Newsflash!  Visit http://www.beekeeping.co.nz/beel.htm
to search BEE-L archives the easy, easy way or to
update or change your subscription options.
---