From:
Roy Nettlebeck <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Roy Nettlebeck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Feb 1998 19:24:48 -0800
On Sat, 7 Feb 1998, \Dr. Pedro P. Rodriguez wrote:

> Jerry J Bromenshenk wrote:
>        I am compelled to answer this post since my reputation, my work and good
> name may be implied.
>        1.  I never had, I do not have now, and never will have a quarrel with
> the scientific community nor with their standards.
>        8.  But, does that imply that I should stop my studies, unothodox as
> they might seem?
> I hardly believe so.  My work is just beginning to show its efficacy and my
> most important phase is yet to be started this year:  "fine tuning" the
> procedure in order to make it cost effective for commercial beekeeping.
>        9.  Food for thought.  If my work proves to have merit (as it seems to
> have according to independent international testimonials), and if it is
> performed solely for the benefit of beekeeping, why should anyone oppose it?
> Best regards.
> Dr. Rodriguez
> Virginia Beach, VA

 Dr. Rodriguez,

  I applaud the work that you have been doing on your own.There is merit
in the use of FGMO.We don't throw out the baby with the wash water. Jerry
did not say that your work was not grant available work. The fact was well
taken by Jerry on how many hoops you have to jump through to get a
grant.He knows the subject very well and did share it with all of us.
 I'm learning the process myself.We are seeking grant money for a project
out here in Washington State.We have allready aquired grant funds and they
are very specific.
 I'm applying for a patent on a compound that you can eat.You have to have
proof to bring validity to any claims you have.That puts you right back to
the research and the process used to proove your claim.Then you need peer
approval that is not related to your research in any way.
 Your work is not lost. It needs a published research paper that can pass
the test of the scientific community.
  I'm not saying anything about what I'm working on, because it is too
early. Two years of good results is not enough.We need more control
expierenments to validate the product.
 You work is important and no one is telling you to stop.We want you to
keep up the work. You have put many hours into it and it needs to be
continued.We never know where the silver bullet will come from.Statements
with out good scientific proof will not work. Thats why I'm keeping my
mouth shut.Beekeepers are willing to jump on about anything when they are
loosing there bee's to Varroa.We need to know the percent of eradication
and the time at which it gets to 0.
 Best Wishes
  Roy