From:
Jon Ahrendsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Feb 1998 22:49:06 -0600
My office nurse heard this on Jay Leno Friday night.  I though by now
somebody would have placed in on Lactnet but I haven't seen it yet.

Some may view it as sexist, some as funny and some just may shake their
head.  I take the view that any method of publicizing the advantages of BF
is probably worthwhile to some degree.

The monologue joke goes something like this:

"Did you hear that a recent study has found that breastfed children are
more intelligent later in life?   This has really had a great impact
because now "Hooter's" can be classified as a health food store.  < insert
snare drum rim shot here>

The internet has probably done more for the distribution of jokes as much
as anything else.

Jon Ahrendsen MD FAAFP
Clarion, Iowa

For those of you on LACTNET outside the US you might need this addendum:
Jay Leno is a comedian who has a late night talk show,
Hooters is a self proclaimed family restaurant chain that features
attractive well endowed waitresses wearing TIGHT T shirts and skimpy
shorts.