Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"Judy Fram, LLL Leader" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Feb 1998 18:50:23 EST
In a message dated 98-02-22 09:17:09 EST,
Jay wrote:
<< There is non-human milk (cow, goat, cat dog, etc), there is a
 processed liquid product made from cows milk, water and a bunch of chemicals
 (aka Formula/Artificial Baby Milk (ABM)), there is a processed liquid
 product that has no diary of any kind in it (soy) with a bunch of chemicals
 thrown in and then there is a concoction of chemicals processed together to
 form a pre-digested, non-dairy/non-soy liquid product, all of these called
 "Formula" all made for babies, all only 4th on the list of what to feed a
 human baby.
 This may be petty, and please don't yell at me, but we either have human
 milk or non-human milk, not "fake" human milk. >>
I think this IS important to remember. The use of the words "non-human" and
"human milk/mother's milk substitute", "artificial baby/infant milks" place
the emphasis where we want it to be - on the fact that there is one first
choice, and several, less-than-ideal artificial choices. Thank you Jay for
bringing this up again. Judy LeVan Fram, Brooklyn., NY