From:
Melissa Vickers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jan 1998 08:02:01 -0500
Hi all

Coach Smith said:

>She says she wishes she'd listened and taken more of my "advice" with baby
>#1. She's MUCH happier that she is hanging in with breastfeeding much
>longer. I'll count this one as a "win."

Sounds like a win to me, too. I one of the most important jobs we serve as
LCs and bf advocates is in setting the stage for the future. Sometimes when
we're in the middle of a case that just doesn't seem to be going anywhere
and mom weans long before we hoped, by carefully supporting her along the
way, we can set up success the next time around. And if we are lucky, not
only do we help that mother with the next baby, but maybe we ratchet up the
population as a whole on the way to bf as a cultural norm.

Go team go!

Melissa Vickers, IBCLC
http://yourpregnancy.com/experts/panel/mcvickers.htm
Huntingdon, Tennessee