Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"Barbara Hayes, RN, FACCE" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Feb 1998 18:35:41 EST
I've been in touch with the office of Rep. Carolyn Maloney (D, NY) who is in
the process of drafting federal legislation that would support a breastfeeding
woman's right to pump in federal workplaces.  The congresswoman is looking for
anecdotal reports from women, both in and outside of New York, who have had
difficulty pumping at work due to employers and/or co-workers who were not
supportive.  she is also looking for stories from women who have had good
experiences and who work for companies where breastfeeding is encouraged and
supported.  She's also looking for people who have had difficulties with
breast pumps.  This legislation would designate the FDA as the source for pump
standards, apparently no federal agency has this responsibility now.
You can either email me and I will collect what I get and forward it or email
directly to her office, care of legislative asst., Gail Ravnitzky.
[log in to unmask] If you would like a copy of the draft
legislation, it is on Congressswoman Maloney's web site:
www.house.gov/maloney.
Barbara Hayes