From:
Justin DSC Kaeser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jan 1998 17:02:20 -0500
One thing I don't recall reading about on Lactnet yet is the use of
acupuncture for acute masitis, engorgement, and for increasing supply.  A
doctor (female) in Heidelberg has been  researching  acupuncture as a
treatment to reduce engorgement.  She has found that it does.   One med.
dr. (a surgeon) who is also an acupuncturist  showed me in his text book
various puncture points for these  problems.  A number of years ago during
a German LC training program we learned of this method for engorgement and
actually practiced puncturing our hands.  Of course, I wouldn't try it on
anyone!  Resting for 30 minutes after the puncturing probably does help a
tense mom.   This dr. explained that using electrical aid mechanisms
(please don't ask me to explain this!) helps him to quickly find the
correct points without need of hurting anyone by searching.

Is acupuncture being used anywhere else for the above conditions?

Cheerio,
Anne Kaeser
Germany, BA, IBCLC