Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 19 Feb 1998 09:26:44 +0000
7bit
From:
Moshe and Susan Srebrnik <[log in to unmask]>
This is a first on Lactnet:

A few mothers have approached me about what to do in the unlikely event
of an air-strike.  The public would be ordered to shelters where infants
are placed in chemical/gasproof "incubator-like" units.  There is an
opening for a parent to feed with a bottle.  What about a breastfeeding
mother?  Obviously in an emergency of this sort, the safety of the
family is #1 but what should I tell the mothers?  Pump and keep mother's
milk in the freezer to bottle feed with?  Hope we won't need to use your
advice.  Some mothers are jumpy remembering the
"91 war.

Susan Nachman-Srebrnik