Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sat, 6 Dec 1997 23:02:00 +0000
7BIT
From:
Ros Escott <[log in to unmask]>
Comments:
Authenticated sender is <[log in to unmask]> cc: Renate Rietveld IBCLC <[log in to unmask]>
Renate wrote:

> As an IBCLC  I have to recertify in 5 years, to prove that I'm still
> worth being an IBCLC. Now I'm wondering about the following......does a
> hospital that becomes 'baby-friendly' and 'earned' THE BFHI certificate,
> have to recertify or prove that they REALLY are doing the right thing
> concerning breastfeeding????

In Australia, our current policy is that hospitals are accredited for
three years.  Details of reassessment have not yet been finalised.

Complaints about accredited hospitals which are not doing "the right
thing" can be forwarded to the BFHI National Advisory Council.