Date:
Wed, 28 Jan 1998 19:50:18 EST
In a message dated 98-01-28 08:37:27 EST, Jack writes r/t a lesbian couple:

<<   But in
 this case, the other partner does not *need* to breastfeed the baby,
 since the baby is already being breastfed.  Furthermore, there is no
 guarantee she will produce milk.  The baby does take her breast.
 Shouldn't that be enough?  Or does she also need to produce milk? >>

I've had a couple like this in which the baby was doing just fine
breastfeeding with the birth mom, but the other mom also wanted to breastfeed
periodically.  So, birth mom would pump occasionally and other mom would use
an SNS with the breastmilk from the birth mom. I would think if the other mom
really wants to solely breastfeed with milk, then treat as an adoptive mom,
have her using the SNS and see how she does with milk production, and then, if
milk production starts coming and she still wants domperidome, then ????  I
don't think it is analagous to a dad wanting to feed, cuz she isn't a dad, and
she isn't a man -- she's a woman.  And presumably she has the equipment.

JMHO.

Jan B.