From:
Jan Cornfoot <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Sep 1997 09:30:42 -0700
Philippa
I'm sure that this book is being talked about widely in the media as I've
had feedback to suggest same.. therefore, my suggestion to NMAA as the
conference organisers and host to Kathy Dettwyler and Sarah Danner was to
better prepare them for the current environment. That's what I would try to
do with overseas speakers. I'm also very selective with what I stock and
what goes into the catalogue, guess that's why I have so many NMAA groups
as customers.
That doesn't mean that I won't get in a book so someone can write a review
for our journal and be aware of what is in the global arena.This author
quotes (to support points) from Jane Price's Motherhood book, one of a
series that I recall Sheila Kitzinger telling me she put together for
Pandora, and we know SK is a bf advocate, but also an
anthropologist/sociologist interested in a wider picture.
Jan Cornfoot
Editor, Birth Issues