From:
Margery Forrest <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Dec 1997 12:20:54 -0500
Dear Maureen,

A friend's min. schnauzer recently had puppies (we're getting one for
Christmas), and had problems with one puppy--the c/s one--so I went over
as the LC.  I used a nipple widget on the mommy dog, and extracted some
warm milk to offer the puppy with an orthodontic syringe.

Yes, it worked.  Later that night  the puppy did latch on mom and they're
all living happily ever after.

Nipple widget directions can be found in the archives, under that title.

Margie Forrest, RN, BSN, IBCLC in WPB, FL where it is HOT & HUMID today.