Date:
Wed, 14 Jan 1998 11:58:31 -0500
First of all I want to thank those of you that respond to my plea for
help ! Its great to have friends out there like you. I think I thanked
you each personally , but if I didn't, THANKS.

I called the mom on Friday afternoon , after speaking to her OB doc. He
agreed to give her a Rx for Diflucen oral as a one time tx. This was
before I got Pat Gimas great info on her tx plan. Mom stated that she
still had Kay's handout that I sent her, I told her to read it, and to
follow all of the precautions on there. Instructed and stressed to mom
the importance os treating herself and baby at the same time. Mom stated
that she had a refill on the babies Nystatin. Mom was to go to pharm and
get this refilled and get her Diflucen ( I called in the rx myself right
away) and to get vaginal yeast cream and to begin tx at the same time
and proceed every 3 hours. Mom stated she was very thankful for the help
and that she would start right away. I told mom I would call her first
of the week to see how things were going and told mom to call me sooner
if needed. On Monday I called Mom and she still hadn't been to the
pharmacy yet to get the medicine. I about screamed, but managed to
remain cool and calm, after all these are her sore nipples , not mine.
She lives less than a mile from the pharmacy, but stated that she had
been unable to get there yet, but would do so on Monday night. I will
call her again tomorrow....
I called our local dermatologist office and was delighted to learn that
there are actually 3 dermatologists in the practice and 2 of them are
women who have breastfeed. I offered this as an option to the mom , even
offered to go with her there, and mom wanted to try the tx described
above first.  Will keep you posted.

Cindy
(who will try to keep her sig file short........:)
--
Cindy , RN, IBCLC  ~ Virginia , USA
mailto:[log in to unmask]