From:
Keithawhit <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jan 1998 23:57:47 EST
Don't have the post iwth me so I can't remember who posted wanting an email
pal for a mother who is adopting a baby.  I've got an email pal for her!  In
fact, I just hired her as a Peer Counselor and she is willing to talk to
others who are adopting -- someone was willing to talk with her when she was
adopting, too.  :)

Anyway, to give you a brief synopsis: Mom adopted her baby at 4 days old and
began using the SNS; she did not pump beforehand; just knew all her life that
she wanted to have children and breastfeed them.  Has never been pregnant.
Was able to establish a full milk supply when baby was 2 mos. old and
breastfed him exclusively for 4 mos more before beginning solids.  Baby is
almost 13 mos now and still breastfeeding--Mom says he'll probably breastfeed
till he's three!  He's precious!  And Mom is gonna be one great Peer
Counselor, don't you know!

She will be emailing you soon -- had your post at the office and gave it to
her a couple of days ago.  If you don't hear from her soon (I could have
written down the address wrong), email me privately and I'll get you two in
touch.  :)

Keitha Whitaker, BS, IBCLC
District IX WIC Breastfeeding Program Coordinator
email at work: [log in to unmask]