From:
Paul & Kathy Koch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Dec 1997 16:40:48 -0500
Dear Lacnetters,

I am quite concerned that my Time/Canon post to Lactnet yesterday was
apparently forwarded to Lactivist, to an AOL message board and to an
attachment parenting list.  From AOL it was forwarded to TLC and I read
it there.  The TLC post did not have any identifying information on it
and I don't know about the AOL post.

The post to Lactivist had my complete sig file, email address, home town
and the fact that I am an LLL Leader.  Did this information go to AOL as
well?

I am proud of the fact that I am an LLL Leader, but as most Leaders
know, this is not something we broadcast to the general internet public,
for a variety of reasons.  Unfortunately, our credibility is sometimes
weakened by the LLL Leader title, and had I known this post was going to
go all over creation, I would have asked that that part be removed.
Actually, I would have prefered that my sig.file been removed completely
as I don't want all of AOL to know that much about me.  I also don't
want to be flooded with breastfeeding help requests.  I get enough of
that already, thank you.

In the future, I would appreciate the opportunity to grant permission to
have my post forwarded. * I would have granted permission immediately*,
as I have in the past, with the request that my sig file and other
identifying information be removed.  According to one of my "sources",
my post was forwarded with the disclaimer that the reposter did not have
my permission.  Was that supposed to make it okay?

My husband said "that's what you get for posting to the 'net.  You
should have been more careful."  Isn't that a shame.  Do I need to think
twice before posting to Lactnet?

Kathy, who going to forget about this nonsense now and enjoy Christmas
with my children, spun up though they may be...

Kathy Koch, BSEd, IBCLC
Mom to Andrew, Abigail and Molly
LLL Leader, AAPL/OL for VA and MD/DE/DC
[log in to unmask]          Great Mills, MD, USA

"Within the child lies the fate of the future."   Maria Montessori